Information for the Conference
Dear colleague, We are delighted to welcome you in Jordan next week for our 9th Annual Forum for Arab investigative journalists held under the theme “ARIJ; a decade of investigating the Arab world; seeing, hearing, exposing”. ARIJ staff is at your service to make sure you make the best out of your stay in Jordan. Due to the dramatic increase in the number of colleagues and ARIJEANS seeking to attend the landmark event and the need to ensure our budget is used in the best possible way, we would like to inform you of the following:
- No alcohol will be served at our annual gala dinner or any other function. Wine and other alcoholic drinks can be purchased directly from the hotel bar.
- There will be free WIFI in the conference area of the Dead Sea’s Movenpick Hotel and Resort and inside all rooms. ARIJ will not pay for any incidental expenses. These expenses include, but are not limited to laundry, mini-bar, phone calls, faxes, pay-per view movies, room service and Internet. Please plan to settle these charges directly with the hotel upon checkout. Otherwise, the hotel will charge the extras to your credit card.
- ARIJ will provide transport pick-up at Queen Alia International Airport - Amman. If your pick up did not show up for any reason, please take an airport taxi (beige color) cost will be around 40$, please keep the receipt and ARIJ will reimburse you. Yousef Abu Odeh will be available throughout the forum for reimbursement.
- ARIJ has sent your names to the immigration authorities at Queen Alia International Airport and if you have any delays kindly advise them that you are a journalist and a guest of ARIJ.
- For those coming at their own expense, you can use the same taxi service. Beware of using drivers that do not belong to the official airport taxi fleet.